Call for papers
We invite submissions for a special issue of the Estonian Journal of Education (Eesti Haridusteaduste Ajakiri), Vol. 12, No. 2, scheduled to be published in November 2024. The special issue will focus on promoting climate awareness in education and society. The editors of the special issue are Piia Post (Associate Professor of Meteorology and Climatology) and Krista Uibu (Professor of Primary Education) from the University of Tartu, and Jaanus Terasmaa (Professor of Ecohydrology) from Tallinn University.
The authors are expected to submit high-level scientific articles about climate change awareness, its understanding and shaping at all levels and types of education (basic, general, higher, adult, vocational, hobby and special education) and all subject areas. More specifically, we invite articles from within, but not necessarily limited to, the following topics:
- Climate change awareness competencies
- Climate-conscious behaviour
- Development of educational tools on climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Deployment of educational tools that raise climate awareness
- Climate change and sustainable development goals
The Estonian Journal of Education is an international peer-reviewed journal. The journal uses Open Journal Systems (OJS) and is published, in collaboration with the University of Tartu and Tallinn University, by the University of Tartu Press. The journal is indexed in the database EBSCO Academic Search Complete and Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
The deadlines for the publication are as follows:
- Author(s) should send the topic of the article(s), accompanied by an abstract in Estonian, to Piia Post (firstname.lastname@example.org). The abstract of no more than 200 words should summarise the research theory, the objective(s), the methodology, and the (expected) outcomes of the study by 20 September 2023.
- The editors will confirm the acceptance of the manuscripts to the corresponding authors by 2 October 2023.
- The authors must submit appropriately formatted manuscripts, together with a summary in English, by 15 January 2024.
- The editors will inform the authors of the review outcomes by 26 February 2024.
- The authors must submit the revised manuscripts based on reviewers’ guidelines by 25 March 2024.
- The editors will inform the authors of the revised manuscript acceptance or whether a second revision is required based on additional guidelines by 22 April 2024.
- The authors must submit the second revised manuscripts by 13 May 2024.
- Language editing of manuscripts – May–June, and August 2024.
- Layout of the journal by the University of Tartu Press – September–October 2024.
- Publication of the Journal – 1 November 2024.
Information about the journal, as well as the requirements for the submitted manuscripts, can be found on the journal’s website (http://eha.ut.ee/en/). For further enquiries, please contact Krista Uibu (email@example.com).